Levertine

Please login or register.

Author Topic: A couple of questions  (Read 4501 times)

Steve

• Alcohol is the liquid version of Photoshop.

A couple of questions
« on: April 22, 2015, 12:03:35 PM »
First, and most importantly, how are things Arantor?

Second, is this project being abandoned or are you still working on it as you can in what little free time you have?

:)

ARG

Re: A couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »
Your question has been asked and answered before, possibly a few times. As far as I can tell by Arantor's replies is that he has been real busy with his new job and does not have much spare time.
I am glad that Arantor is working full time but it's unfortunate that Levertine was released about the same time that he began working.
This is only my opinion but since Arantor has not logged in for more than three weeks now, I cant help but believe that the project has been abandoned. I am sure that the lack of support upsets some users of Levertine since it is a paid mod. But, I knew support would be sparse going into it and made the purchase anyway. So far I have had no issues using Levertine.
I guess only time will tell.  ;)

Steve

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 12:34:32 PM »
No offense but I knew all that but I was speaking directly to Pete and would really like to hear from him. :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:36:16 PM by Steve »

ARG

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 04:09:13 AM »
No offense but I knew all that but I was speaking directly to Pete and would really like to hear from him. :)

Maybe next time you should state that the opinions of others are forbidden. Or perhaps send a PM, you know, since private conversations are normally done in private.  ???

Steve

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:47:34 AM »
I'm not trying to start anything here. I did mention him by name which would normally indicate that I was talking directly to him. And I didn't do it via PM because I thought it was information everyone would like to know.

So there's no reason to get nasty or whatever. I did appreciate your response but just wanted to hear from him and like I said, it would inform everyone of what's going on. :)

lurk

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 05:17:33 PM »

This is only my opinion but since Arantor has not logged in for more than three weeks now, I cant help but believe that the project has been abandoned. I am sure that the lack of support upsets some users of Levertine since it is a paid mod. But, I knew support would be sparse going into it and made the purchase anyway. So far I have had no issues using Levertine.
I guess only time will tell.  ;)

I purchased it because it looked neat, and I was curious. New versions and fixes were being pumped out like crazy then.  Must admit I wasn't expecting the support finish quite so suddenly, but these things happen and sometimes can't be helped, as in this case.

Wouldn't mind a extension to the years support (licence) if it does get going again though.  ;D
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.9 / Tinyportal 1.1 and Levertine Gallery

ARG

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 05:41:39 PM »
I'm not trying to start anything here. I did mention him by name which would normally indicate that I was talking directly to him. And I didn't do it via PM because I thought it was information everyone would like to know.

So there's no reason to get nasty or whatever. I did appreciate your response but just wanted to hear from him and like I said, it would inform everyone of what's going on. :)

I was not being "nasty". Most call it sarcasm. I simply offered my opinion on a post in a "public forum". If you don't prefer others the option to reply them send a private message...yes, it's that easy. Lighten up.

Steve

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 06:55:08 PM »
*sigh* You're just not getting that there isn't a problem so I guess there's no point in my responding further ...

ARG

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »
*sigh* You're just not getting that there isn't a problem so I guess there's no point in my responding further ...

No, you're just not getting that when you post in a public forum, members of that forum tend to offer their opinions in hopes that it will somehow help answer questions.

You telling me "No offense but I knew all that but I was speaking directly to Pete and would really like to hear from him.", in my opinion was pretty much insulting my intelligence by suggesting that I was obligated to understand that you already knew the info that my opinion offered. I don't read minds and in fact, I took your statement as being rude, insulting and disrespectful. If you cant take even the tiniest bit of sarcasm as a result of a direct insult then perhaps you should reconsider posting in public forums.

Have a great day Steve!  ;)

Steve

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 08:16:02 PM »
Okay, one last attempt, then I give up.

No, you're just not getting that when you post in a public forum, members of that forum tend to offer their opinions in hopes that it will somehow help answer questions.

I absolutely understand that.

You telling me "No offense but I knew all that but I was speaking directly to Pete and would really like to hear from him.", in my opinion was pretty much insulting my intelligence by suggesting that I was obligated to understand that you already knew the info that my opinion offered. I don't read minds and in fact, I took your statement as being rude, insulting and disrespectful. If you cant take even the tiniest bit of sarcasm as a result of a direct insult then perhaps you should reconsider posting in public forums.

When I said 'no offense', that's exactly what I meant. I intended no offense, did not mean to be insulting or disrespectful. I've been running and posting on public forums since the Commodore 64 days so I know how easily one's words can be taken the wrong way and believe me, you have. It's probable I could have worded it better.

You (and everyone) are absolutely entitled to (and to post) your opinions. When you responded initially with:

Your question has been asked and answered before, possibly a few times. As far as I can tell by Arantor's replies is that he has been real busy with his new job and does not have much spare time.

It came across as telling me something I didn't know and that you were speaking for him. It's obvious now that wasn't your intent. That's the only part I may have taken wrong. The rest of that initial post, which you specifically indicated was your opinion, I totally agreed with.

In short, if we were having this conversation in person it would probably be over a couple of brewskis where we could see each others expressions and body language and there would be no issue at all.

And I do apologize for creating this misunderstanding. :)

TheDDude

• Somebody familiar

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 08:16:04 PM »
Get a room, you two :D :D
The dream is dangerous.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
BlueLight design by Bloc