Levertine

Please login or register.

Author Topic: How've you been, Pete?  (Read 4735 times)

tfs

How've you been, Pete?
« on: June 21, 2015, 03:21:47 AM »
I miss collaborating with you on SimpleDesk. I wish you never took the detour of wedgie. Had we banged on SD all that time it would have been stunning! OK, even MORE stunning! :)

What have you been up to these days?

TFS
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Steve

• Alcohol is the liquid version of Photoshop.

Re: How've you been, Pete?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 01:12:22 PM »
Good luck getting an answer as he hasn't been here since April 3rd ... :(

tfs

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 05:52:43 PM »
Understood. I come around once in a blue moon to keep my hand in, and since I've leveraged SimpleDesk to earn nearly half my income in the last few years, I always feel a sense of kinship and gratitude from our days of creating SimplDesk... so I come back to ping.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Justyne

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »
We're around.. in theory.... when we can find time. life is hectic. I will let him know you were looking :)

tfs

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »
Good to see you back, We! I noticed some movement in the SimpleDesk world lately. That's good news to those of We that have depended on it for years.

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 12:50:54 PM »
I'd love to spend time on LevGal again but working the hours I do is just not practical.

At work I maintain (and lead development) on a system 20x larger than SMF, weighing in at 2.5 million lines of code and by the time I get home of an evening, code is generally not high on my list. Only reason I've spent any time on a mod at all is for a one-off case that is unlikely to happen again, something I wanted to try for years but never had the time, energy or need before, but a lunch break here or there adds up :)

Will I get time to come back? I hope so, but it's not just time, it's also energy, all my creative endeavours have basically stalled since February, but the simple reality of it then was that I needed the money and if I didn't find a job "real soon(tm)" it wouldn't really have mattered much... Sucks but there you go. I'm getting paid well at present, as draining as it is...

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
BlueLight design by Bloc