Levertine

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Custom Menu  (Read 2614 times)

GrizzyGray

Custom Menu
« on: April 05, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »
I would like to display the Levertine menu links globally above the gallery area like Aeva and Smfpacks gallery does.
This is because I have gotten rid of the smf default menu and have my own custom menu, so I basically can't see the levertine menu.

Secondly, because a lot of my members use old mobile phones, I redesigned genericmenu.template.php to get rid of the dropdowns. So even if I had the Levertine dropdown, some users may not be able to access 'My Albums', My Items' and My Bookmarks' which are not linked from the Levertine frontpage.  :tea:

TheDDude

• Somebody familiar

Re: Custom Menu
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 07:06:42 PM »
So even if I had the Levertine dropdown, some users may not be able to access 'My Albums', My Items' and My Bookmarks' which are not linked from the Levertine frontpage.  :tea:
Those are in the profile area.
The dream is dangerous.

testing123

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 07:09:46 PM »
The file that does the main menu hooks is:

Sources/levgal_src/LevGal-Bootstrap.php

I had to edit mine too as I moved my 'Admin' button, which is what LevGal looks for.
I've also since moved the 'My Media' higher up in the menu-drop down too.

You could probably play with that to suit your needs?

GrizzyGray

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 07:52:16 PM »
So even if I had the Levertine dropdown, some users may not be able to access 'My Albums', My Items' and My Bookmarks' which are not linked from the Levertine frontpage.  :tea:
Those are in the profile area.
You're right they can access these pages by other means, but that's not the priority. I want to display a navigation menu above the gallery pages instead of the main menu since i have ditched mine and don't want the dropdown. Thanks for responding. :tea:

GrizzyGray

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 08:38:28 PM »
The file that does the main menu hooks is:

Sources/levgal_src/LevGal-Bootstrap.php

I had to edit mine too as I moved my 'Admin' button, which is what LevGal looks for.
I've also since moved the 'My Media' higher up in the menu-drop down too.

You could probably play with that to suit your needs?

Thanks for the response. I don't have the default smf menu anymore, so I guess the hook wont work for me?. I guess this shouldn't be an excuse though as I can easily put links to the gallery in my new menu.

Let us assume I still have the default smf menu. My excuse now would be that many of my members will not be able to use the dropdown because most do not have computers, and they use old mobile phones which have old or incomplete browsers (e.g opera mini).
I want to make static menu links above the gallery area. :tea:

testing123

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 03:40:22 PM »
Wouldn't the 'Gallery Actions' column which is essentially the same as the listed items from the drop down menu, when you click on 'Media', not sort of solve this?

GrizzyGray

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 05:29:26 PM »
Kinda. But it doesn't contain 'My media, My items, My Bookmarks, Notifications'. I know those are in profile but like I implied earlier, I am only looking for better navigation.

Another navigation oversight - I believe it would be nice to see "Add Album" on the list of actions in ?media/albumlist/. Currently, there's just "Arrange Albums".

Josh

• Allinois Hip-Hop

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 10:25:04 PM »
With a menu editor mod you can get my bookmarks and my items to work by entering this url: http://yoursitehere.com/index.php?action=profile;area=mediabookmarks or http://yoursitehere.com/index.php?action=profile;area=mediaitems;sa=items

Unfortunately my albums doesn't work because the url is designed differently than the other two

http://yoursitehere.com/index.php?media/albumlist/##/member/

The menu editor mods don't have a way to enter user id where "##" is located. So to get my albums to work it has to be modified manually.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
BlueLight design by Bloc