Levertine

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Could anyone share...  (Read 4657 times)

testing123

Could anyone share...
« on: March 29, 2015, 09:24:24 PM »
Could anyone with a lot of member galleries etc. share either links or pictures of what their album lists (Media > See Albums) looks like..

I'm just curious how it will display once it's a bit better populated than mine..

:-*

Steve

• Alcohol is the liquid version of Photoshop.

Re: Could anyone share...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:34:38 PM »
Not sure what you mean or what you mean by 'a lot' ...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:57:01 PM by Steve »

Kindred

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 01:20:37 PM »

testing123

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 03:47:51 PM »
Sorry neither of them actually demonstrate what I'm looking to see..

I'll expand..
I was wondering how long it would get before parts would begin to paginate? etc.  :-X

Heres a zoomed out screenshot of my "See Albums" page so far:

Hopefully that makes sense now? :P

Kindred

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 01:04:42 PM »
Well then... it does help if you ask the actual question you are looking to answer indtead of asking us to read your mind... :P

I don't know that it ever paginates...    if it does, i might comment that 6pu may have too many folders ;)

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 08:54:05 PM »
Doesn't paginate but unless you have a seriously massive forum with many many people having their own albums (which, incidentally, is not what seems to happen in practice), it's usually not a huge deal, but this is also why the sidebar has filtering options.

Worst case scenario in that situation would be consolidation into group albums.

testing123

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 12:44:38 PM »
:) Thanks for clearing that up Pete!

lurk

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 11:58:14 AM »
Doesn't paginate but unless you have a seriously massive forum with many many people having their own albums (which, incidentally, is not what seems to happen in practice), it's usually not a huge deal, but this is also why the sidebar has filtering options.

I was also wondering about this,  Most photography forums that I frequent, have user albums, in other words each and every member can create there own albums.  This could be thousands of them.

Even my little photography forum which has only 317 members, but has 290 user albums so far.  This is not counting the competition albums or generic albums (public albums) 

In total it stands at 13,277 files in 354 albums.  And this is a small forum.  ;)

IMO, it should paginate.  ;)

And while on the subject of "See Albums"  Why on here do the albums line up down the page in one column, but on guitarist site, and in testing123's example does it line up in two columns?

http://levertine.com/index.php?media/albumlist/
http://guitaristguild.com/index.php?media/albumlist/
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.9 / Tinyportal 1.1 and Levertine Gallery

testing123

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 03:36:06 PM »

I was also wondering about this,  Most photography forums that I frequent, have user albums, in other words each and every member can create there own albums.  This could be thousands of them.

Even my little photography forum which has only 317 members, but has 290 user albums so far.  This is not counting the competition albums or generic albums (public albums) 

In total it stands at 13,277 files in 354 albums.  And this is a small forum.  ;)

IMO, it should paginate.  ;)

And while on the subject of "See Albums"  Why on here do the albums line up down the page in one column, but on guitarist site, and in testing123's example does it line up in two columns?

http://levertine.com/index.php?media/albumlist/
http://guitaristguild.com/index.php?media/albumlist/

Yeah, as members grow and my gallery becomes more of a used feature I can see the page getting very long and pagination being useful..

& I'm not sure re: the single column of albums like you mentioned lurk, but it could maybe have something to do with the theme's width? ..just a guess

Kindred

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 05:17:08 PM »
I get three columns on my screen/site...

lurk

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 05:42:31 PM »
I get three columns on my screen/site...

Kindred, yes you do, but I get this on my laptop,
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.9 / Tinyportal 1.1 and Levertine Gallery

Kindred

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 06:06:59 PM »
yup...  so, it has to do with the available space by theme and monitor....

I suspect, if I put it on a 4k screen, I'd get 10 columns :D

Josh

• Allinois Hip-Hop

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 10:34:44 PM »
Yeah pages would definitely be useful for my site once I get it active as my site is for hip-hop music, each user/artist would have their own albums and there may be some albums for groups of users as well. Something else that could be useful is a jump-to list with 0-9, a-z and clicking the number/letter would jump to the users names starting with that character, respectively. That could be easier than having pages, I wouldn't know.

ARG

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 03:46:22 AM »
yup...  so, it has to do with the available space by theme and monitor....

I suspect, if I put it on a 4k screen, I'd get 10 columns :D

Indeed. I believe that the number of columns by width heavily depends on the themes wrapper settings and screen res.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:59:04 AM by ARG »

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
BlueLight design by Bloc