Levertine

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another one.. or two..  (Read 2399 times)

testing123

Another one.. or two..
« on: March 04, 2015, 05:50:21 PM »
Hey,

I've had a suggestion from a member of my forum I quite liked and thought I'd pass on, but it also got me thinking too..

Their suggestion was another button/link in the gallery (under item actions) that when clicked sets the picture as their forum avatar.

Ideas if it were to be added:
- you could only use your own images as avatars..
- (unless you choose to let others use it?)
- the link would only appear for image files (e.g can't make an audio an avatar :P)

but then, that got me thinking..

I have members attaching images to posts and uploading "profile pictures" via ultimate profile and both they and myself find it a bit irritating that they are all their own 'sets of images' and was wondering if it would be possible to tie thing together a bit better..

-possibly have an "Attachments" album automatically added for members, where all their 'attached' items could be found too?

-possible to tie in the ultimate profile "profile pictures" either with the gallery, or have LevGal replace that feature with it's own?

I realise these probably wouldn't be quick and easy things to code but thought I'd see if others would appreciate any of the above.. :P

:tea:  :tea:  :tea:  :tea:  :tea:
tea for all!   :P

testing123

Re: Another one.. or two..
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 09:16:24 PM »
no one? :P

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 04:53:13 AM »
Massive amount of work for what seems like a minor thing. In any case, not sure it's possible to do without breaking one rule: no file edits.

testing123

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 03:52:58 PM »
Hmm.. I'd be happy to pay for it as a custom job but I know you're not really free at the moment with work etc. :(

I'm looking into a different profile mod entirely, again possibly a custom job. - so that c/would solve the ultimate profile pictures thing..

Would the attachments folder alone be a huge job or break the rule?  :-\

ARG

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 04:25:12 PM »
no file edits
?

I am not clear on what that actually means as there does not seem to be any clear Terms associated with the download/use.

spoogs

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 11:29:18 PM »
He just means the mod uses hooks and all sorts of magic as to not edit any of SMFs files.

Kindred

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 01:07:38 PM »
Which means that it (mostly) works in 2.1

As for yoyr request, testing123... what you are essentially asking  is for a complete rewrite of the attachments system.  Not a minor task, at all

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 08:55:31 PM »
The mod works completely on 2.1 as far as I know ;)

Yes, LevGal does not perform any find/replace changes on any SMF file whatsoever, it is totally separate and performs a lot of magic to integrate cleanly with SMF and possibly at least one of the forks.

To replace the attachments system is kinda doable without file edits but fragility would be a thing.

testing123

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 12:42:13 PM »

Good to know it can be done anyway, even if it won't be implemented for a while, I can definitely see it being useful for more than just myself..

Kindred

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 11:27:19 AM »
I had some problems with the mod on the 2.1 from github as of last week...

one issues was that I could not install any of the mods in 2.1 after LevGal (the package manager gave a LevGal function error in the middle of the install process)
If you have the inclination and/or time, I can give you access to my site to duplicate it.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
BlueLight design by Bloc