Levertine

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 10 in my eyes  (Read 1718 times)

maxx

Windows 10 in my eyes
« on: January 24, 2015, 07:48:20 PM »
Now I had asked a few what they think of Windows 10, and they just reply "It sucks" with know reason or rime.

Now be fore I get started on my little Blurb..
If I typo or misspelled, I don't really care! But I say it like is, as to the best of my knowledge and unless you have been in my shoes then pi-- off!

Now. I down load the Preview of Win 10, and saved it on my HDD, (the upgrade version 64 bit). I the I'm going with the upgrade is that to some it maybe the hard way, my for me it harder find all stuff to match to equipment and software after you do a fresh install, window. And mined you this only for eval.

I made an Clone of main main PC to the secondary HDD 1TB, then unzipped the ISO and started to install, it will give you the opposition to auto patrician the drive or wipe it clean. Just in stall with out changing your files and settings as you know them. the ISO is approx .3.7 GB as I recall.

After Checking my back up clone, I Started the install process, It took me a while to do , because I have over 700 GB of junk on my PC and Desktop. While was installing it was check all the hardware and software capabilities of my  PC. all the colours you and shads could image from the RGB came forward in various shads, I almost got hypnotized...and could not any drugs :) Note that during the last part you need to add your email and password you get from the MS insider membership. and you will also have the option to create and store a security code with MS and for your own use.

Starting up you will need to log yourself in, I like this security! thew only driver I had to update right off was my Geforce HDMI video card, then reboot and it set it the way I had the old version. cool.

OK in short all things came up exactly they way I had them even my super messy Desk top.

after a few days of use, I find zero conflicts, the system seems very stable and fast and with out the crap that came up on window 8, when installed, So little or no clean, you can pick choose the apps you want! I'm not to crazy about apps., myself!

The system is very easy to navigate, and some little features added that found right off like the Snip tools, that allows to cut  out edit anything in or out of you browser and draw, colorize or erase , then save to file just like a screen shot, but I find very useful.

I have not found any drastic changes, However I have not had enough time go through all, but I would image that the security should or maybe better..Please keep in mind that I use Windows 7 and 8 so I'm kinda use to it.. but like I mentioned it much better or easier to navigate the Wins 10. has it's own spell check suggest system and other toys for Skype and social stuff I never use!

I'm also all for upgrades, and this depends on how much it may cost!

More to come if I get the time to dig!

regards,
Maxx

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:53:14 PM by maxx »

lurk

Re: Windows 10 in my eyes
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 08:38:46 PM »

I'm also all for upgrades, and this depends on how much it may cost!

I read windows 10 will be free for existing win 7 and win 8.1 users.  We'll see.

I have a laptop running windows 8.1, which I hated at first.  Now I have worked out how to get it to boot straight to the desktop instead of the start screen it's much better. 

I'm hoping windows 10 will be a step up, but I'm going to try it out properly before I even think about upgrading one of my laptop.  I'll probably stick with win 7 on my old desktop though..  I actually like windows 7. ;)
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.9 / Tinyportal 1.1 and Levertine Gallery

maxx

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 08:49:04 PM »
I also like windows 7 and not taking way from that. and as far as windows 8.1 Like it also, once I got all the junk of the start up page found my way around. I feel the Windows In bad position when 8 came out and touch devices at the same period of time, and the people with out touch devises felt left out, but things are never as they first appear or seem. You have to try to get by, if don't try the new your never keep up... look at me I'm old but I'm happy! :)
love trying and learning the new!

regards,
Maxx

TheDDude

• Somebody familiar

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 04:20:33 AM »
I'm hoping windows 10 will be a step u
t is for me... but maybe that's because I'm much younger than you guys.
The dream is dangerous.

maxx

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 10:44:14 AM »
I'm hoping windows 10 will be a step u
t is for me... but maybe that's because I'm much younger than you guys.

What young has not much to do with it, and no one is saying it 's not, I'm just testing and liking it thus far. don't you know that with age comes allot experience my friend, and we are the ones that made the internet possible :) Going this testing thing way before window came out! :) I think you need read a bit more above!

regards,
Maxx

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
BlueLight design by Bloc