Levertine

Please login or register.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: thumbnails in posts ?  (Read 14546 times)

Steve

• Alcohol is the liquid version of Photoshop.

Re: thumbnails in posts ?
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2015, 01:05:40 PM »
Why would you post that here? If you don't want to use Levgal you shouldn't even be here.

ARG

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2015, 02:34:37 PM »
There are lots of image hosting sites. But try using this http://picuploaders.com. It has direct image links, BBCode and HTML thumbnails.

Why would you post that here? If you don't want to use Levgal you shouldn't even be here.

Because he is a spammer. I just blocked him from posting at Dziner Studio for repeatedly posting the same thing, under a different name (KurtFitzgerald) of course.  ???

Steve

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
I'm not surprised. He's got two posts and both say the same thing here too.

testing123

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2015, 07:56:03 AM »
Firstly, feel free to remove this as and when appropriate but I thought I'd share an easy fix for now until 1.2 is released:

Outcome: your item's BB code will show the "preview" image size, rather than the thumbnail.

Steps:
Find and open: LevGal-Item.template.php
(forum/Themes/default/levgal_tpl in my case)

Code: (Find) [Select]
<dl class="album_details">
<dt>', $txt['lgal_share_page'], '</dt>
<dd id="lgal_share_page_container" class="lgal_share">
<input type="text" class="input_text" id="lgal_share_page" value="', $context['item_details']['item_url'], '" readonly="readonly" />
<span class="lgalicon copy" title="', $txt['lgal_copy_to_clipboard'], '"></span>
</dd>
<dt>', $txt['lgal_share_simple_bbc'], '</dt>
<dd id="lgal_share_simple_bbc_container" class="lgal_share">
<input type="text" class="input_text" id="lgal_share_simple_bbc" value="[media]', $context['item_details']['id_item'], '[/media]" readonly="readonly" />
<span class="lgalicon copy" title="', $txt['lgal_copy_to_clipboard'], '"></span>
</dd>
<dt>', $txt['lgal_share_complex_bbc'], '</dt>
<dd id="lgal_share_complex_bbc_container" class="lgal_share">
<input type="text" class="input_text" id="lgal_share_complex_bbc" value="', sprintf($txt['lgal_share_complex_bbc_entry'], $context['item_details']['id_item'], $context['item_details']['item_name'], $poster_name, $context['item_details']['time_added_format']), '" readonly="readonly" />
</dd>';

Code: (Replace) [Select]
<dl class="album_details">
<dt>', $txt['lgal_share_page'], '</dt>
<dd id="lgal_share_page_container" class="lgal_share">
<input type="text" class="input_text" id="lgal_share_page" value="', $context['item_details']['item_url'], '" readonly="readonly" />
</dd>
<dt>', $txt['lgal_share_simple_bbc'], '</dt>
<dd id="lgal_share_simple_bbc_container" class="lgal_share">
<input type="text" class="input_text" id="lgal_share_simple_bbc" value="[media id=', $context['item_details']['id_item'], ' type=preview][/media]" readonly="readonly" />
</dd>
<dt>', $txt['lgal_share_complex_bbc'], '</dt>
<dd id="lgal_share_complex_bbc_container" class="lgal_share">
<input type="text" class="input_text" id="lgal_share_complex_bbc" value="', sprintf($txt['lgal_share_complex_bbc_entry'], $context['item_details']['id_item'], $context['item_details']['item_name'], $poster_name, $context['item_details']['time_added_format']), '" readonly="readonly" />
</dd>';

:) Enjoy!

Josh

• Allinois Hip-Hop

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »
You could just take the direct image link and add the [img] tags couldn't you? Right click on image and click copy image location and add [img] tags to that link. The only problem I notice is that I can't copy image location for the zoomed in image as the option isn't there. It's only there for the smaller version that is displayed on the items page. You have to right click -> view image and then remove /preview from the link to get the fullsize image.

I agree with Arantor that the preview is the best. What I was wondering is if it's possible that clicking the thumbnail in a forum post zooms in just as clicking the image on the item's page does. If this is possible it would solve the issue of stretching the page
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:43:21 PM by Josh »

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2015, 04:54:44 AM »
A solution which has already been mentioned multiple times and which I have outlined multiple times as being very awkward to do reliably since it requires injecting jQuery into a page without knowing if jQuery is already available and if so which version.

testing123

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2015, 02:29:52 PM »
Sort of the same subject;

Could anyone point me in the right place  to remove the name of the item that is displayed under the item, when you use the BB code?

(I would like the item shown without it's name when you use BB code)
((and possibly remove the auto-centered-ness))

Thanks

Steve

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2015, 04:19:00 PM »
Um ... why not use the bbcode that's right above the one you're using?

testing123

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2015, 04:32:09 PM »
Um ... why not use the bbcode that's right above the one you're using?

Ahh..

on further testing, I see using the 'normal' bbc - it displays it without the title, but if like me, you've changed the default bbc to the "preview" size, it displays with the title also...

Normal levgal bbc:
image (thumbnail)
normal levgal bbc(desc):
image (thumnail)
name / description

my modded levgal:
image (preview size)
name
normal levgal bbc(desc):
image (thumnail)
name / description

Hmmmm!

update:
whilst having a look around, I've not discovered what is causing the title to appear but I did stumble upon how to also make my BBC with description, show in "preview" size too if anyone's interested..

In the file: /Themes/default/languages/levgal_lng/LevGal.english.php
Code: (find) [Select]
$txt['lgal_share_complex_bbc_entry'] = '[media id=%1$s]%2$s by %3$s posted %4$s[/media]';
Code: (replace) [Select]
$txt['lgal_share_complex_bbc_entry'] = '[media id=%1$s type=preview]%2$s by %3$s posted %4$s[/media]';
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:58:10 PM by testing123 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
BlueLight design by Bloc