Levertine

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Menu Issues?  (Read 2121 times)

ARG

Menu Issues?
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:05:14 PM »
I am not sure if this is Levertine Gallery issues or an actual theme issue? While viewing your Media area the main nav menu seems to have a transparent background that makes it difficult to read. Strangely it happens only when viewing certain images in the gallery, but not all.   

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

Re: Menu Issues?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »
This one appears to be a theme issue. This is an older theme of Bloc's and its use of MooTools seems to conflict with the lightbox/jQuery I use in the gallery. I'll have to see if I can fix that in a way that works nicely - but I get the impression I should just fix the theme rather than fixing the gallery for what feels like an edge case.

lurk

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 05:36:32 PM »
Did you fix it? as I can't see it.
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.9 / Tinyportal 1.1 and Levertine Gallery

ARG

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 05:45:39 PM »
Yea, I figured it was more than likely a theme issue but was not sure since it seems to be image view specific. It seems fine when viewing some images, others it's wonky.

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 06:06:46 PM »
Well... here's the situation. Some images are small enough not to need a lightbox, some are big enough - the ones that need a lightbox load jQuery to make it happen. But jQuery isn't compatible with MooTools which is what Bloc used to make the fancy menu, so for the pages that called jQuery, they would break the menu because Bloc didn't specify the menu as having a background colour.

I've replaced MooTools and MenuMatic with a CSS native solution and I don't think anything else is present - it's hard to tell with the way MooTools was included; it wasn't just minified, it was compressed in all kinds of special ways. Lemme know if anything else is broken and I'll fix it.

lurk

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 06:14:54 PM »

Lemme know if anything else is broken and I'll fix it.

It did play up for a few seconds just, but is all fine now. 

Only other thing I've spotted is a missing image since the theme change.  This one, http://levertine.com/Themes/bluelight/images/admin/media  ;)

Also the media menu is messing about in your profile.  Hover over it shows the menu, try to move to click one and it disappears.  Text is shifting around on the menu as well.

EDIT: This applies to all menus in your profile Page.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:22:45 PM by lurk »
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.9 / Tinyportal 1.1 and Levertine Gallery

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »
Oh yay, another theme problem.

That one is also now fixed as well as another issue observed with the menus code in this theme.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:27:12 PM by Arantor »

ARG

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 06:49:56 PM »
Yep. Looks good to me.  ;)

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
BlueLight design by Bloc