Levertine

Please login or register.

Author Topic: The type of file you tried to upload was not allowed.  (Read 1655 times)

appliancejunk

• ApplianceJunk.com

The type of file you tried to upload was not allowed.
« on: January 15, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »
Hi,

Tried to upload a .pdf file to my ApplianceJunk folder here on your site just to see how things work, but it would not let me. I'm guessing it's just a admin permission setting thing. Is it something you could change so I could try it out a bit?

Something went wrong while uploading this item:
The type of file you tried to upload was not allowed. (31-9044 GE WSL Washer.pdf)

Thanks,

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

Re: The type of file you tried to upload was not allowed.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 03:38:34 PM »
It is an admin permission setting... the upload page does tell you what's currently allowed, and I have to be careful about rehosting copyrighted material ;)

If you have permission to redistribute files like that I can add that permission for you.

appliancejunk

• ApplianceJunk.com

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:44:29 PM »
I just wanted to see if it would automatically show a thumbnail of the pdf file, such as the first page/cover of the pdf file.

Thanks,

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:26:37 PM »
Nope, it does not at the present time. Mostly because the complexity of rendering a PDF to make a thumbnail is far more than I wanted to manage in a 1.0 release. If your hosting package has ImageMagick, it could be possible to do with that. I don't know if the method I'm currently using for ImageMagick would support it but I guess I can figure that out.

Would be neat to do, just not sure how feasible it is. Right now, for a PDF image it will use the stock image for the filetype, which is;

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
BlueLight design by Bloc