Levertine

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Image and Photo software  (Read 1806 times)

maxx

Image and Photo software
« on: January 23, 2015, 12:57:53 PM »
I know lot prefer PS and other Stuff! ( a bit off topic )

But I'm use Serif Product for several Years now and they come along way, and for a fraction os of what you'll spend on PS and some others, you can purchase PhotoPlus and DrawPlus with detailed instruction manuals, on working your way around the creation of some real neat stuff.

I would suggest going to their site and getting their mailing list, they have supper offers!
The PhotoPlus now works with PSDs and pngs and most all others.

The draw plus is also great it like doing vector for icon and just plain drawing in general.

I have no ties with them , just passing the word! but please checl them befor you buy high priced stuff, and need to take lessons to learn or use :)

regards,
Maxx

Arantor

• Levertine Developer

Re: Image and Photo software
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 01:08:47 PM »
I remember doing my coursework years ago on PagePlus which I loved. Love me some DTP without Word.

maxx

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »
Yes I think this made in the UK and they still have PagePlus and Webplus... up to date....Me like!

regards,
Maxx

lurk

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 03:17:41 PM »
I use both PagePlus and PhotoPlus, still use them quite a lot.  Though I'm a few versions behind now, both being X5.  I might actually upgrade these, or at least PagePlus, it's very good software imo.

I also gave them away as prizes on my cameracraniums.com site.  Serif kindly donated them.  ;)
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.9 / Tinyportal 1.1 and Levertine Gallery

maxx

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 03:58:41 PM »
I know many prefer the expensive stuff, by I'm staying with-in my means, I had PS for some time, But the upgrades and plus-in stuff just got, way out of hand for me, I had also created many on own styles, brushing ,textures.

But you just can beat the features and price of the Serif products and the PhotoPlus even does more then the others for less, I have allot of their software and all comes with image discs and manuals and there are many tut videos to help you on you way.

And Yes Pete I like the Gimp also, can beat free and good, but I use the above more.

But what I'm into more that Graphics now is the CSS HTML5 and CSS3. You guys are into the gallery stuff so Image and graphics play a larger roll for you!

regards,
maxx

ARG

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 05:24:09 PM »
I know many prefer the expensive stuff....

It's not that I prefer the expensive stuff, but there is more to it. In 1992 I was chosen by Adobe to be a beta tester for 2.5. I continued to be a beta tester until the release of 7.0 in 2002 when Adobe decided to bring in new blood. As a parting gift, Adobe gave me 20 licenses to freely distribute 7.0 to anyone that I wish. I still have two copies left but of course, free downloads of 7.0 are now available everywhere.
Another perk was free upgrades. This lasted until the release of CS5 Extended (12.0) in 2010. I was so used to using Adobe products that I opted to purchase the CS6 Master suite (13.0) at an incredible discount. In 2013 Adobe offered me a discount on CC (14.0), a subscription for their new cloud version. I declined, ending my long time relationship with Adobe and will stick with CS6 from here out.
However, I still use the ImageReady add-on of 7.0 for a majority of the more simpler designs and some animations.

maxx

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 05:56:16 PM »
Sounds like you got some great deals there, I like and learned allot from PS, But it did ab it expensive for this ole guy. and the demand for graphics in my line has decreased, but learning to make things with PS was Fun and enjoyable.

I use to use allot of MS office stuff when I was in Business, but that software and updates are just setting around collecting dust... Today things are change real fast and I need to becare ( myself) in what I invest in.

I see why you like it though! :)

I'm usually speaking to the general pub, and to anyone in allot of cases, But those who have expensive software have fear, because the flat look is getting very boring, and even myself fight many years to replace images for CSS filter elements and such, I'm adding a few graphics to the new CSS3 and HTML stuff along with gradients and  things, some every site will look boring the way it going and like Arantar, I both agree that too flat is not so appealing to the users!

I have done the same with the 2.1 Beta and I see you ARG, have been doing the same. Few images do not hurt! and there are still some who like heavy graphics!

regards,
Maxx
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:06:32 PM by maxx »

ARG

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 08:03:33 PM »
Yes, the flat look is a bit boring and bland. However, I see more businesses and corporations implementing the look on their websites. Some may see the flat look as giving a website a more professional appeal and in many cases it can be designed that way to sway visitors and customers to pay less attention to the design and more to the products and services offered. This is a similar reason why professional sites, for the most part have stopped using flash and/or GIF's in their site designs.
Light gradients are fine but in my opinion, strong gradients and heavy image use should be reserved for sites meant for gaming, automotive, art, design, etc.

SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
BlueLight design by Bloc